Ummmm...okay I tried them. They sell for $1.85 a cookie at Momofuku and they are all the rage.
See the coffee grounds-they look like poppy seeds. You can see the pretzels but the potato chips are incognito. Chocolate and butterscotch chips together=Yum.
I refrigerated my dough so the cookies would not spread out.
Love my Pyrex bowl-it is from the 80's and it is the first set that I used in my own place w/hubby.
Isn't my gingerbread man spatula the cutest? A gift from the gals at work. They know how much I like my sweets;)
Over all pretty tasty. Although I do not like finding coffee grounds in my teeth minutes later. Next time I will make recipe without the used coffee grounds.
Hee Hee hubby seems to like them. Candid shots are the best-don't you agree?
Got my recipe here:
Eat My Charlotte
I did not put Fritos in mine. I just added more potato chips and pretzels to equal a total of 1 3/4 cups. Be adventurous.
Copycat Momofuku Compost Cookies (Adapted from Oatmeal CookieBlog)
1 1/2 sticks butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons dry, used coffee grounds
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup flour
3/4 cup roughly crushed potato chips
1/2 cup roughly crushed pretzels
1/2 cup roughly crushed Fritos
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon baking soda
2. In your Kitchen Aid or a large mixing bowl, cream together the creamables.
3. In a small bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
4. Add the combined wet ingredients to the creamables. Mix together until well incorporated.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients. Using a spatula, fold together until evenly distributed.
6. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the combined creamables and wet ingredients. Mix until evenly combined. (*Optional: Chill dough for 2 hrs or overnight.)
7. Shape dough into balls–about 2 tablespoons each.
8. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on Silpat- or parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
9. Bake at 350º for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the cookie sheets from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Then place cookies on wire racks
OOPS..I just re-read the recipe and I didn't add the baking soda to my cookie dough. Mine turned out fine without it. They are mounded perfectly.
Let me know if you try them,