Thursday, March 25, 2010

Roses on my Table



I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~ Emma Goldman
What a perfect statement for this table.



Made from black walnut wood that is quite old. Hubby planed it down and made this gorgeous rustic black walnut table for our kitchen. Can you feel the love?
Now on the look out for chairs. I think I will look at thrift stores and yard sales this summer. I think the eclectic look will do for this table. What do you think about 4 different chairs? Too much??? We will see. Previous kitchen chairs will be painted all black. The table top is going to get a new color of stain and also paint the table sides and legs black. Its new home will be in our basement. Not in a hurry for that project quite yet.
Aren't these the sweetest Easter Ornaments???
Surprise gift in the mail from Mary. I don't even want to take them out of their cute packaging.
Don't you just love surprises and Mary is so good at it!

Happy Spring
(~~)
Julie

4 comments:

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

What a great quote. And SO true. : )
DARLING Easter ornaments. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
M.L.

Sherry from Alabama said...

That table is just beautiful! I can just see it surrounded with white painted chairs with a colorful cushion in each one. Each chair could be a different style but the matching paint job would pull it all together. I'm sure whatever you do will be beautiful. I'll be checking back to see what you decide on.

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

LaurieStar said...

I love re-vamping old things into new! Love your Easter goodies too!

Unknown said...

Cute little ornaments Julie! I must make some for an Easter tree for next year! Will this holiday ever get here? I can just see you on the lookout for chairs! You are having such fun with your decorating! Have a great week ahead! E