Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Halloween Garland "Urge"

Just in case you get the "urge". That was the note Elizabeth from Creative Breathing had sent me along with these adorable photos of her Halloween Garland Along.

How could I not comply?

My Christmas Garland Along took way too long.


I finished this one within a week in my spare time. Record breaking crafting going on here.

Pom poms added for cuteness.
I hand-stitched buttons on the garland base. You can switch up the decorations into different spots!!!
My hubby asked why I had a goat?!! He was joking. He knew it was a cat. Mine looks more skeered than E's does.
Gather Stitched vintage/retro Offray crafting ribbon for my garland base. Clever use of spools of ribbon I have stored.
I have quite a few spools of Christmas craft ribbon of this type. More garlands coming up, please! I have strung up purple and black buttons with green baker's twine to add. You could add tags and more Halloween goodies to your heart's desire. Switch it up!!
This is where my garland will hang ~ right above the fireplace on the mantel.
Caaaa-ute!
I could always add more buttons as I collect more goodies to adorn this seasonal garland (insert cheesy smile here) !!

Thank you, E for your inspiration
!!

Happy Halloween

(~~)
Julie

6 comments:

Debby said...

Very cute. E. will be proud of you.

LaurieStar said...

Oh my God, this is so adorable! Thanks for sharing! :)

~kd~ said...

ok...that is just too cute. urgh!!...I want to make something cute....probably should just focus on making dinner for now though...lol! Your sweet spirit shows through in everything you make!! :)

Hearts Turned said...

Hi, Julie!

How have I not run into you before??? Saw Elizabeth mention us both as glitter queens and just had to giggle--especially as we're both Julies!

Thanks for coming by for a visit--I'll be coming back often to say hello & see what you're creating--love this E-inspired garland...just adorable!

So fun to meet new friends! Hope you're having a wonderful day...

Julie

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Julie, your garland is adorable! Where would we be without our husband's teasing us? Have a great week! Twyla

Editor said...

I don't know how I missed that one but it is so very charming!
Maria